Living Life United Methodist Church exists to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. (Matt. 28:18-20). When we live for Christ, we become fully alive…living life!
We stay focused on our mission by being…
- Relevant – faith relates directly and significantly to one’s day-to-day life.
- Relational – cultivate genuine relationships that spur one another on to holiness.
- Reaching Out – Actively become a living presence of Christ to those in need.
- Share the Gospel in such a way that it makes sense, matters for day-to-day life and speaks to the context in which one lives. (1 Cor. 9:14-16, Romans 15:20, Matthew 16:24)
- Make disciples who are equipped to lead others, inspired to make new disciples and eager share their faith every day. (Matthew 28:18-20, Matthew 4:19-20, Matthew 16:24)
- Heartfelt worship that praises God and invites people to achieve their highest calling as children of God. (Psalm 29:1-2, Psalm 100, Jeremiah 32:38-41, Matthew 22:37)
- Be the Body of Christ ensuring every member carries a significant sense of belonging, having opportunities to love God and love others. (Romans 12:3-5, 1 Cor. 12:12-27)
- Create authentic communities (small groups) that offer accountability and encouragement so all people may live with purpose and fulfill their God-given destiny. (Acts 2:42-46, Hebrews 10:24-25)
- Build a culture of invitation and hospitality so all people are invited to see and experience the glory of God in their lives. (Romans 15:7, Hebrews 13:2, 1 Peter 4:9)
- Create life-giving relationships by providing resources, instruction and opportunities for people to grow within specific relationships (family, work, neighbor, etc) (John 13:34-35, 2 Cor. 13:11)
- Connect with the community by developing vital partnerships with leaders/organizations to serve others. (Ephesians 4:15-16, Col. 4:2-6)
- Build a community of servants where people are able to use their gifts to help those in need. (1 Peter 4:10, Hebrews 4:11-16)
- Develop a bold witness as a church and individuals to share Christ’s love. (1 Peter 4:11, 1 Cor. 16:13-14, 1 Thess. 2:7-8)
- Help provide basic needs that allow people to thrive in life. (Food, education, justice, shelter, security, etc) (Matthew 25:34-40, James 1:27)